- You may likewise decide not to give us "discretionary" Personal Data; however, please remember that without it, we will most likely be unable to provide you with the full scope of our administrations or with the best client experience when utilizing our Services.
What kind of data will we store from the users, and how do we use that?
When enlisting on our app or using services, as suitable, you could be approached to type in your name, email, or different subtleties to assist you with your experience.
When you create an account and use the Services, including through a third-party platform, we collect any data you provide directly, including:
- Account Data:To use certain features (like Paid or unpaid Services), you need to create a user account. When you create or update your account, we collect and store the data you provide, like your email address, password, name, and assign you a unique identifying number ("Account Data").
- Contact information.An Authorized User is required to provide some contact information (e.g., an email address) when making an account on the Services.
Automatically collected information about your use of our Services or tools,
This information is registered automatically with the visit by own configuration or manual of each tool on the mobile application
- When you visit, connect with, or utilize our service, we may gather, record, or create specific specialized data about you. We do so either autonomously or with the assistance of third gathering Service Providers, including using "cookies" and other following innovations.
- We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Mobile application. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser, and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Mobile application and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Mobile application and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
The information we collect includes:
Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data are service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Mobile application, which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, settings, and information about your activity on the Mobile application (such as the date time associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called 'crash dumps') and hardware settings).
Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or another device you use to access the Mobile application. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
Location Data. We collect location data, such as information about your device's location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Mobile application. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt-out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. Note, however, if you choose to opt-out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Services. Presently, we use Google Analytics . Google Analytics is a web analytics service that tracks and reports Site traffic. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en . Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics, available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout .
We need the following permission from the user to perform App's functionality.
- Bluetooth: Use for communicating with the device.
- Location: Use for scanning Bluetooth devices and weather updates.
Children online privacy protection action
We do not target under the age of 13 and do not store any information from the users; the parent or holder of parental responsibility can configure parameters to block or permit specific App and allow or prevent the application from running on the child's device. Letpot does not store children's data.
How do we use your details?
We process personal data to operate, improve, understand, and personalize our services. We use personal data for the following purposes:
- Allow you to create an account.
- To communicate with you about the Services, including Service announcements, updates, or offers.
- To send notification across the IOT devices.
- Correspond with you; and
- Compile anonymous statistical data for our own use or for a third party's use; and
- Prevent fraudulent activity on our mobile app; and
- Analyze trends to improve our app and offerings.
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information (e.g., to help provide our Site services to you).
- To prevent illegal activity, fraud, and abuse.
- To help our site that will be ready to serve you better.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Data or use the Personal Data we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
GDPR-Customer data processing appendix:
Customer Data" means any personal data that Letpot processes on Customer's behalf via the Services, as more particularly described in this DPA.
"Data Protection Laws" means all data protection laws and regulations applicable to a party’s processing of Customer Data under the Agreement, including, where applicable, EU Data Protection Law and Non-EU Data Protection Laws.
GDPR-EU data protection law
“EU Data Protection Law” means all data protection laws and regulations applicable to Europe, including (i) Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council on the protection of natural persons concerning the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation) (“GDPR“); (ii) Directive 2002/58/EC concerning the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the electronic communications sector; (iii) applicable national implementations of (i) and (ii); and (iv) in respect of the United Kingdom (“UK“) any applicable national legislation that replaces or converts in domestic law the GDPR or any other law relating to data and privacy as a consequence of the UK leaving the European Union.
“Europe” means, for this DPA, the European Union, the European Economic Area and/or their member states, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
“Non-EU Data Protection Laws” means the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”); the Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”); and the Brazilian General Data Protection Law (“LGPD “), Federal Law no. 13,709/2018.
“SCCs” means the standard contractual clauses for processors as approved by the European Commission or Swiss Federal Data Protection Authority (as applicable), which shall apply only to transfers of Customer Data from the European Union.
“Services Data” means any data relating to the Customer’s use, support, and/or operation of the Services, including information relating to volumes, activity logs, frequencies, bounce rates, or other information regarding emails and other communications Customer generates and sends using the Services.
- Parties' roles:If EU Data Protection Law or the LGPD applies to either party's processing of Customer Data, the parties acknowledge and agree that concerning the processing of Customer Data, Customer is the controller and is a processor acting on behalf of Customer, as further described in Annex A (Details of Data Processing) of this DPA.
- Purpose limitation:Letpot shall process Customer Data only following Customer's documented lawful instructions as outlined in this DPA, as necessary to comply with applicable law, or as otherwise agreed in writing ("Permitted Purposes"). The parties agree that the agreement sets out the Customer's complete and final instructions to Letpot concerning the processing of Customer Data. Processing outside the scope of these instructions (if any) shall require a prior written agreement between the parties.
- Prohibited data. Customer will not provide (or cause to be provided) any Sensitive Data to Letpot for processing under the Agreement, and Letpot will have no liability whatsoever for Sensitive Data, whether in connection with a Security Incident or otherwise. To avoid doubt, this DPA will not apply to Sensitive Data.
- Customer compliance:Customer represents and warrants that (i) it has complied, and will continue to comply, with all applicable laws, including Data Protection Laws, in respect of its processing of Customer Data and any processing instructions it issues to Letpot; and (ii) it has provided, and will continue to provide, all notice and has obtained, and will continue to obtain, all consents and rights necessary under Data Protection Laws for Letpot to process Customer Data for the purposes described in the agreement. Customer shall have sole responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and legality of Customer Data and how Customer acquired Customer data. Without prejudice to the generality of the preceding, Customer agrees that it shall be responsible for complying with all laws (including Data Protection Laws) applicable to any emails or other content created, sent, or managed through the service, including those relating to obtaining consents (where required) to send emails, the content of the emails and its email deployment practices.
- The lawfulness of Customer's instructions:Customer will ensure that United Kingdom processing of the Customer Data by Customer's instructions will not cause Letpot to violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule, including, without limitation, Data Protection Laws. Letpot shall promptly notify Customer in writing unless prohibited from doing so under EU Data Protection Laws if it becomes aware or believes that any data processing instruction from Customer violates the GDPR or any UK implementation of the GDPR.
Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws to your data.
You may have the following rights: -
- Request accessto your data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correctionof the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide.
- Request deletionof your data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason to continue processing it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons, which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processingyour data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party). Something about your situation makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object to processing your data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information, overriding your rights and freedoms.
Request restrictionof processing of your data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your data in the following scenarios:
- If you want us to establish the data's accuracy.
- Our use of the data is unlawful, but you do not want us to erase it.
- You need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to our use of your data, but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transferof your data to you or a third party. We will provide your data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format to you or a chosen third party. Note that this right only applies to automated information you initially provided consent for us to use or used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consentat any time where we are relying on consent to process your data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not provide certain services to you.
We have implemented commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect your mobile device from accidental loss and loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, please note that although we take reasonable measures to protect your information, no app, website, Internet transmission, computer system, or wireless connection is completely secure
Limitation of liability
- Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so some of the above limitations may not apply to you.
- We make no legal representation that the App or services are appropriate or available in locations outside China. You may access the App from outside China. At your own risk and initiative and must bear all responsibility for compliance with applicable foreign laws.
- Upon visiting this App, you agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Letpot and any of its contractors, agents, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, and assigns from all liabilities, claims, damages, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses, of third parties relating to or arising out of your use of the App content; your use of the products; your violation of any provision of these terms; any unauthorized information or data you supplied to us. You will have sole responsibility to defend us against any claim, but you must receive our prior written consent regarding any related settlement.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- This App originates from China. The laws of China. Without regard to its conflict of law, principles will govern these terms to the contrary. You at this moment agree that all disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of China. By using this App, you consent to the jurisdiction and venue of such courts in connection with any action, suit, proceeding, or claim arising under or because of these terms. You hereby waive any right to trial by jury arising out of these terms.
Changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to alter this privacy notice at any time. Such alterations will be posted on our App. You can also obtain an up-to-date copy of our privacy notice by contacting us.
Suppose you would like to contact us to understand more about this Policy or wish to contact us concerning any matter relating to individual rights and your Personal Information. In that case, you may do so via the contact us.
This document was last updated on August 31, 2022